Here are the top 5 reasons why running makes a great weight-losing option.
- Running requires many different muscles to work hard together, that's why it burns way more calories than any other types of exercise.
- Running targets harmful belly fat, even when there are no dietary changes. We all want that belly fat to disappear, don't we?
- Running lowers hunger hormones production but increases the satiety hormones production. In that way, it helps you lose weight.
- Running improves your metabolism, helping you lose your pounds faster.
- Running is still a hard activity and those who work hard to lose weight simply think twice before eating another case, right?
All in all, running can help you lose weight, become stronger, healthier and more confident. But be forewarned: A sensible diet is an essential complement to running for weight loss. Muscles do weigh more than fat, so you might have more pounds, but look slimmer.