Here, we've hand-picked a list of foods you should avoid along with the reasons why they are not recommended before running:
- High-fiber foods because they can lead to gastrointestinal distress or diarrhea during your workout.
- Sweets or colorful breakfast cereals because they are full of empty calories which can hamper your performance. Indeed, consuming high-sugar energy bars and ice cream before a run may cause you to become fatigued more quickly.
- Fatty foods like burgers, fries, and pizza as they sit in your stomach and take longer to digest, which can really make you feel uncomfortable during a run.
- Spicy foods since they might cause heartburn or gastrointestinal distress if you eat them before your running activities.
- Alcohol and caffeine because they have diuretic properties and they are dehydrating. As a result, they might result in heartburn and similar health-related problems.