Let's take a more in-depth look at how running can be beneficial for our health, body, and mind.
- Running can help prevent a bunch of illnesses, not to mention heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, diabetes, and even some kinds of cancer.
- Secondly, it boosts your levels of good cholesterol and feel-good chemicals. Indeed, while on a run, your brain pumps out two powerful feel-good chemicals, endorphins and endocannabinoids.
- It also relieves stress while diminishing appetite and sleep quality.
- Running torches serious calories and help you lose weight and become stronger.
- This activity can boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- It's one of the sports that can help you think about your personal stuff and find solutions to your problems.
- Finally, here's a great health fact: Do you know that even 5 to 10 minutes a day of low-intensity running will be enough to extend life by several years, compared with not running at all? So, enjoy taking advantage of it!